I told them to head south and wait for me at the seven mile bridge.
So I get there and see a bunch of Sporty dogs waiting. Phew! Glad I found them! Oh and there are some new arrivals!
Where are the rest of the sporty dogs? Where is Sassy? Did Twinkie get lost?
What? They are down on the beach? Sheesh! I guess these doggies are the patient good sports and the other sporty dogs got too restless up here by the side of the road! Wait here while I go round them up...
So I get down to the beach and Holy cow! The sporty dogs have like tripled in number since I left! And are there really three black pugs or am I seeing things?
Ok, We gotta get movin! Only 40 miles to Key West...
When we were almost to Big Pine Key we ran into a strange beast...
OMD! That is not a new sporty dog, that is an endangered Key Deer! Momma told me we might see some of them and that we should not approach them because they are endangered. If I were in danger I would definitely want someone to approach me!
So while we were in Big Pine Key we decided to go check on them and see if they were ok.
Holy cow they look just like Twinkie! Twinkie, Go stand over there next to one!
Yep... spitting image! Ok pups, we gotta keep moving! Another 20 miles to Key West!
So being the good host that I am, I took them to the tourist favorites. After the Southernmost point I thought they might like to go see the Cat Man at Mallory Square. It was almost sunset and that is when the cat circus starts!
Ok... that was starting to get a little intense so I decided we should head off for some libations at a local watering hole.
When I get there I noticed that there are 999 golden retrievers (not to be confused with 1000 Goldens our 1st place sponsor!) in the sporty dog group and they appear to be organizing. Yikes!
Sadly it was time for me to get to Master chew sits to get started on the judging. I don't know how I am ever going to pick the winners so I had better get up there and get to work!
Have fun in Key West sporty dogs! Try to stay out of trouble!









Woof! Woof! We (Goldens) definitely had a FANTASTIC time. OMD! Let me say that the Key Deer sure looks like Twinkie n that Cat Man kind a scary with the fire ... is that Brutus. Glad to be part of the Sport Group n looking forward to a great contest. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar
ReplyDeleteThanks for the GRRRReat winter getaway. Sorry about the bar tab. I tried to take up a collection to help with it, butt I guess we had all left our green papers in the tipsy jar.
ReplyDeleteI think Brutus drank some of the water. He has Hershey Hustle now.
That Twinkie sure is a DEER.
I hope our two leggers never see any of this. What happened in Key West should stay in Key West. I'm just sayin'.
Woo Hoo!! So glad my boys made it in time to catch up with everyone! Like they say, better late than never!! Now how am I gonna get all this sand our of Mason's coat, and deal with some singed furs on Brutus??? Looks like they had great fun though, so what's another bath or two, right?
ReplyDeleteMichelle (for Brutus AND Mason!)
Moose, you are a most awesome host. I'm starting to wish I had entered the sporty dog category so I could join the party. Oh well, it sure has been fun to watch you all getting crazy down there!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the judging Moose.
Licks and slobbers,
Byron
Hey it's Brutus this time (mom stole my laptop for the other comment). You ARE seeing things - or maybe all sun has given you heatstroke confusion! Three black pugs??? Excusé moi, make that 2 black pugs (Bajas and Puglette I think?) & one fabulous Frenchie!!! I'll let it slip this time (since you were nice enough to wait for us!!), just don't let it happen again BOL!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with all the judging!! Hope Mango has some energy bars or something for you - it's gonna be quite the show I think!!
Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie
seriously, Moose, there is a good excuse for that bar tab.
ReplyDeleteit was my birfday!!!
wags, wiggles & slobbers
Murphydog
MOOSE! What a fantastic adventure. Those sporty dogs are totally overtaking Mango Minster. I loved the remarks; "brown eyebrows" "where are the other full sized doggies" etc. All great.
ReplyDeleteWho knew Twinkie's twinner was an endangered deer? How sporting of you to continue to let Twink ride on your back.
Now get some rest!
Slobbers,
Mango
wooop
ReplyDeletethat adventure was FANTASIC!!!
kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii
hello moose its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow deer!!! i hav not seen deer before!!! arnt they suppozed to be in the hedlites or sumthing??? ok bye
ReplyDeleteAww Moose!! So glad I was able to join all you sporty dogs in Key West! My mom/secretary got my entry in at the very last minute for MangoMinster! WHOO HOO!!!
ReplyDeletelove & licks,
Randi
Ah, so THIS is where my Marge has been! Down south, gallivanting with you guys!
ReplyDeleteThe charred kitty was a real treat, (to see, not to eat!) but I think I could sleep for a week now. Thanks for a great time Moose!
ReplyDeleteHoly Moley, that trip looked like fun, I always wanted to go to the beach, but I think all that activity would of got me to running in circles. And Maisie, oh my dog, I would of never of gotten her calmed down.
ReplyDeleteyour pal, Morgan
Drumroll for the grand finale! Although, I do not appreciate how enormous those key deer are. I was also wondering what the tourist in the green shirt was thinking when we were all hanging out by the Southernmost Point. We'll try to stay out of trouble, but no promises.
ReplyDeleteTwink!
All us Dog Daze pups had a wonderful time hanging w/ the great group of Sporty Dog Contestants!
ReplyDeleteAll our hillybilly fur-iends, up here in North Georgia, are sooooo jealous over our totally awesome adventure to the Keys.
Hey Moose, this is Sassy. Don't blame me for the huge bar tab...all the Sporty Dog Gentlemen were buying my drinks.....
Hmmm....which went on the "Here Comes Da' Judge, Moose" tab...oh, wait a minute, maybe you can blame me, too!!!
I'm sooooo blonde and my time in the Keys only made me blonder!!!
Licks and sniffs,
Zack, Sassy and Buddy
Dang!
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed all that fun!
So many Goldens...
so mamy BlakhkBreeds...
And those khrazy flaming khats!
They got me too!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
OK, Moose you are officially back in my good graces!! All of us occasionally have these lapses in sensibility occasionally BOL! I'm just awfully sensitive about the pug thing. Don't get me wrong - pugs rule (I think half of my followers are pugs, so is my girlfrend, Stella), but mom gets that all the time "oh what a cute black pug...". Your momma is right - look at the ears if all else fails (plus pugs have that cinnabun tail and we have a nub!). I'll sleep much better tonite knowing you know I'm a Frenchie!! BTW, I'm feeling much better - maybe that's why?
ReplyDeleteSnorts-
Brutus the Frenchie
I wonder if I can teach MY CATS to jump through rings of fire when I get home?
ReplyDeleteI am having so much FUN!!!! I'll try to stay out of trouble. ~Fenris
Dude! Sorry about that bar tab... They said that they had your credit card on file, so I guess it was all okay (and you have a big credit limit)! Thanks for hosting us all - it was A BALL!!! I'm So Glad that I am a sporty dog, 'cause let's face it - we know how to party!!!!
ReplyDelete*kissey face*
-Fiona
We had so much fun! Thanks for taking us along. I am so glad I didn't have to jump through that hoop. Oh my..mamma keeps laughing! BOL
ReplyDeleteBenny & Lily
Hi Moose! Thanks for stopping by at my blog! I'm glad that you like my sporty picture... It's always good when the judge likes the entry - right!? :)
ReplyDeleteHey and you are doing really good with the dog pile competition. I'm impressed.
Slobbers from Sydney, Teal'c
Where am I? I don't see myself in any of those photos! Was I being a good by and getting my sleep?
ReplyDeleteWoofs.
Tommy
We had a LOT of fun & enjoyed the sporty adventure. Wish we would have been there too!! Sunshine & fun- how cool is that??!
ReplyDeleteWoofs
Ernie, Sasha, & Chica
Now that was so much FUN!
ReplyDeleteB
Hey Moose
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great trip to the Keys. We lived in Florida for a while be never got there. Tucker says the organizing on the 999 Goldens is going great, soon they will take over the world, and everyone will have to be happy, or else.
Tucker and Daisy
Sooooo funny :o) We like the meeting of the Goldens!
ReplyDeleteI saw one heck of a handsome skinny black feaster dude in there. I was amazed by his degree of beastliness.
ReplyDeleteI'm game for anything that may be naughty and might cause mischief. Thanks for including me!
Hi Moose,
ReplyDeleteI had a great time at the beach! Thanks for being such a great host to all the sporty dogs. We will be the talk of Mango Minster for some time thanks to you!
Bark at ya later,
Ruger
Oh no! That picture wasn't of Minnie, that was of the last dog she got to play with before she left the park! He was super cute though!
ReplyDeleteThe other pictures I have of them are blurry. :( From far away I thought he was 100% dane, and then as they were playing I noticed his fur was longer than a danes, and asked if he was part lab. But he looks very daney and somewhat laby. :)
I really enjoyed my trip to warmer weather. Moms made me go out in the snow, when I got back home! Bummer!!
ReplyDeleteWoofs and Kisses!
Shingo
Moose! We have an award for you on the blog! Check it out!
ReplyDeletehttp://evolutionofdarwin.blogspot.com/2010/02/02feb2010-award.html
WOW! At least you got a chance to get to know a lot of your countestants up close and personal. We can't believe the bill your Mom must have footed to let you guys do all this! The CCC
ReplyDelete